Make your own free website on
« February 2017 »
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
James' Blog
Monday, 6 February 2017
Problem with Mary

Some of you know that Mary and I and Mary and Debra had a problem the weekend before Mom passed away.  Here is my side of the story.

On Friday January 27, 2017 I called Mary and ask her why she was thinking about moving Mom home.  Note here: Hospice had already started taking care of Mom.  As soon as I ask the question Mary started yelling at me about Debra telling me what she was up to.  As soon as she took a big enough breath, I told her it was not Debra who told me.  Then she started yelling at me about Chrissy (Debra's youngest) telling me. 

She contenued to yell at me, but it was now directed at me.  She said this is why I did not want you to know what I was up to, because I knew you where going to start something.  What she was saying got so bad that I hung up on her.  Well she just called back and continued to yell at me.  I hung up a second time and she just called back and contenued to yell and scream at me.

She told me that she was the Leasehold on Mom's apartment and that she wanted me out today.  I told her that mom had paid the rent till the end of the month and I would leave Tuesday and I did.

I am not use to calling someone to ask a question and get what I got from Mary and to get run out of the place I have called home for seven years and eight months without any warning.  I will not speak to Mary for a long time.  This is why I am on the street.

I took care on Mom for seven years eight months and this is the thanks that I get.  My sisters gave me no help till the day before Mom went to the hospital.  They did not want to be bothered with Mom, but I have no regerts.  I gave Mom the best care I could give her.

I don't know what the problem between Debra and Mary is, but Toney (Debra's Husband) told me that Debra will not speak to Mary for a very long time if ever. 

I don't know what Mary's problem is or was, but she has got Debra and me not wanting to talk to her.  Mary can be a pain in the rear, but this was just plain stuiped.



Posted by jehj at 1:43 PM EST
Updated: Tuesday, 21 March 2017 6:21 PM EDT
Update Mom - Final


Mom passed away on January 31, 2017.  She was 84 years old. 

Posted by jehj at 1:39 PM EST
Updated: Monday, 6 February 2017 1:43 PM EST
Tuesday, 24 January 2017
Update 17 Mom


Mom has been transferred from the ICU at Mary Black Hospital to White Oak Estates.  Her Address is:

Florence Hollifield
Room 229B
White Oak Estates
400 Webber Road
Spartanburg, South Carolina 29307

Yes, we got her as close to the house as possible and it is on Debra’s way home, so she can stop by everyday.  

Here is what happen.  I took Mom to Dr. Shah on Friday the thirteenth for a scheduled appointment.  Her heart rate was thirty, so Dr. Shah admitted her to the ICU.  Her heart rate in the ICU feel to twenty-nine, before it started back up.  She did not have stroke, but she is having some of the same symptoms.  Her short term memory is not working like it should.  People come to see her and she does not remember.  She does not know where she is and she does not remember being in the hospital.   

I am still holding out some hope that she comes home, but she is under end-of-life care at White Oak.  

Mom does have a Living Will and she is under a DNR at White Oak.

If you have any question just give me a call.  


Posted by jehj at 11:11 AM EST
Updated: Tuesday, 7 February 2017 1:49 PM EST
Friday, 13 January 2017
Update 16 ER


Mom has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Mary Black Hospital.  She is in room  15.  Sorry, but only Debra, Mary and me can get updates on her.  I will keep you informed.  

Debra came Friday morning to help Mom get dressed and I told her that Mom would not come back home.  I took her to see Dr. Shah (heart doctor) Friday morning.  In the office her heart rate was 34.  Her blood pressure was 124/60.  When I left the hospital Friday night her heart rate had fallen to 30 and her blood pressure was down to 115/50.  

You can call me at: 864-384-6072.  This is my cell phone number.


Posted by jehj at 5:09 PM EST
Updated: Tuesday, 24 January 2017 11:13 AM EST
Monday, 3 October 2016
Mom Update 15


Mom has just finished the latest round of doctor’s appointments.  We did talk about her forgetfulness.  She has had a problem with not knowing what time of the day it is for about two years now.  She is now having a problem remembering what day it is.  I have been helping her with her meds for a year now.   Mom is just slipping away.  Some days she can talk for hours about what happened years ago and some days she don’t seem to remember anything.  

If you haven’t seen mom in a year or so, she is bent over more.  She is unstable on her feet.  She may seem to be off in another world, sometimes when you talk to her.  She has a hard time following conversations.  

I don’t check my e-mails, but once a week now.  I don’t want to leave her alone for long.  I am afraid that she just may walk off one day or fall.  

Have a good day,


Posted by jehj at 12:03 PM EDT
Thursday, 9 June 2016
Update 14

Been sometime since I have updated you on Mom.  It has been a long winter and Mom was sick.  She just had a four month check-up and she is doing O.K.  She told Dr. Edwards that she has never been sick a day in her life.  He did not say anything, but just looked at me.  She is sick and
Dr. Edwards nor I can get her to understand how sick she is.  She is using her cane when she is not with me.  When she is with me she uses me as her walker.  We have talked about getting a wheelchair.  All she says is no, but she is beginning to walk like a drunk.  

She went to see Dr. Gwinn (eye doctor) and he order a Field Vision Test and said that he wants her to have one every year from now on.  The test shows that she only sees what is directly in front of her.  She has no side vision at all in either eye.  She is going blind, but Dr. Gwinn want take a guess as to how long it is going to take.  She told me the other day that she can not tell how big a drop off is.  She walks up to the edge of the curb to step down and she can not tell if it is one inch or ten feet, so I am having to help step down.  Sometimes it is like guiding a blind person.  

She goes back to see Dr. Shah (heart doctor) in August.  


You can view this online at:

Posted by jehj at 11:23 AM EDT
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Update 12


I have not update Mom’s doctors in awhile so let me do that.

Orthopedic Surgeon: Dr. Monroe  

Mom does not see this Doctor, but as needed.  She is walking with a cane now.

Dermatologist: Dr. Blair Clementson

It has been almost a year since the golf ball size tumor was remove from her forehead.  Dr. Clementson is pleased that there is no sign of it’s return.  Mom has an appointment in July and if the tumor has not return and the area where the tumor was still looks good this will be her last time she will need to see the dermatologist,. unless there is a sign of skin cancer again.  

Eye Doctor: Dr. Todd Gwin

As long as Mom uses her eye drops to keep her eye pressures down the chances of her going blind are low.  She see Dr. Gwin every three months.

General Practitioner: Dr. Michael Edwards

Well here we go with another new doctor.  Mom has had a problem with her blood being thick since before Thanksgiving.  The problem is that she like greens.  I don’t care what kind of greens it is she likes them (collared, turnip, etc.).  Her blood work came back ok this time.  Her insulin has been reduced to 12 units of a morning and 15 units at night. It was 15 units morning and 22 units at night.

Kidney Doctor: Dr. Matt Lambert

Mom’s medications are causing problems with her kidneys, so the doctors are changing some of her medications or they are reducing the amount taken.  The problem is that Mom thinks this is being done because the doctors she has had were over medicating her.  I have not yet got her to understand that she is not being over medicated, but she is in the early stages of kidney failure.  

Cardiologist: Dr. Ritesh (Jay) Shah

Mom saw Dr. Reardon last fall an he said nothing about a heart problem, other that the congestive heart failure that she has had for twenty years.  She sees Dr. Edwards for the first time and he ask if she had been told that she has a heart murmur.  The upper left heart value is not opening all the way.  Dr. Shah says that he wants to way till it gets worse before he replaces it.  

Posted by jehj at 11:42 AM EST
Updated: Thursday, 11 February 2016 11:46 AM EST
Tuesday, 8 September 2015
Eye Doctor Update


Took Mom to the eye doctor today. Everything is fine. Her pressures are right were the doctor wants them.


Posted by jehj at 12:01 PM EDT
Friday, 17 July 2015
Cancer Update

Took Mom to the cancer doctor this week. Listened to what he had to said and I am not going to put mom through what he is talking about at this time. He is wanting to cut a big gap in the upper left side of her head. After he is thought, she would need to go to a plastic surgeon to fix the damage done by the cancer doctor. There is only a 50/50 chance that it will return, so I am going to what and see what happens. If it comes back we will have it removed again.




Posted by jehj at 1:12 PM EDT
Updated: Friday, 17 July 2015 1:14 PM EDT
Friday, 19 June 2015

If you have seen mom recently you know she had a golf ball on the upper left side of her forehead. It was removed yesterday. It was a Granular Foam Tumor. Dr. Blair said that these are so rare that this was only the third one that she had ever seen. I watched her operate on mom. When she cut into it, foam (looked like sea foam at the ocean) came out of it. It was deep and took Dr. Blair about an hour to cut it out. Mom now has a sore head. She goes back in two weeks to get the stitches out.


Posted by jehj at 10:36 AM EDT

Newer | Latest | Older